Sunday, April 22, 2007

They had not started


The Conservative Party Website



I had several phone calls yesterday from Pierremont residents just letting me know that New Labour were out and about in the ward, one also pointed me towards Nick Wallis's blog (here). I do sometimes have a look at the babbling of Nicks, several thoughts occurred to me.

Firstly this photo was taken at the beginning of the canvass as from what I have heard they were not smiling as much when they left.





Secondly celebrity is hitting even local politics, on first inspection I thought the fella in the red jumper was Geoffrey from rainbow, but later realized it was in fact Stephen Harker.

Thirdly and this point was bought up by three of the callers, that no effort had be made as to turn out, not of the electorate, but of those who want your vote. It is to say the least a pretty scruffy bunch it shows a lack of respect in my eyes.

I wonder how long it has been since they have had to have the "big guns" out in Pierremont, the Council Leader, John Williams no less and of course Nick Wallis along with Rod, Jane Freddy and Bungal (or should that read BUNGLE), but a hattip to Williams a man whose reputation is in tatters as a leader for Darlington, for him to be out on the doorstep the new labour lot must be a tad worried.

We have been told that we have no chance of winning, admittedly this was by Marion Swifts daughter and you must respect that she is supporting her mothers endeavors, my message to her is that there are three excellent Conservative Candidates, any two of which will be happy for her other two votes.

Win or lose, one thing is for sure, they will know they have been in a fight.

7 Comments:

At 8:57 am, Blogger Mike said...

Will I be getting a leaflet from the Conservative candidate for Haughton West? So far, I've had two from Labour, but nothing from the Lib Dems or Conservatives?

And, Stephen Harker looks nothing like Jeffrey from rainbow ;)

 
At 2:31 pm, Blogger The Darlington Tory said...

You should have had a leaflet by now, if not you will have one before polling day.

It's the colourful jumper that reminded me of the much loved childrens programme ( which can now be seen again on one of the satelite channels I have been told)

Dave

 
At 6:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least they actually came round canvassing. Twice I have seen them. Not once have I seen the Conservatives, Lib Dem or even the BNP out and about.
Before you say I must be a Labour supporter, you are wrong. I have never voted Labour in my life and never would.

 
At 7:51 pm, Blogger The Darlington Tory said...

Anonymous

Which ward are you in, and I never presume anyone is a labour, lib/dem or Conservative voter.

 
At 5:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pierremont ward, the one you are standing in.

 
At 8:43 pm, Blogger The Darlington Tory said...

My apologies but I can only assume you were out when we called, our numbers are on leaflets if you ring I or Tim or Kate would only be to happy to come and see you.

We have been out, not canvassing as in asking which way you will be voting, but canvassing residents opinions, views and answering any questions they may have had.

We started at the hope town lane end of Pierremont and have been making our way down to the west end of the ward.

It is my understanding that Labour have only consentrated on the west end. I suppose they believe that the hope town lane end is there stronghold and do not need to visit (they may well be surprised).

By wednesday we will have knocked on every house/flat within the ward, if we have missed you, it most certainly is not a deliberate act on our part ands once again I apologise on behalf of us all.

Dave

 
At 5:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who ate all the pies Mr Davies?

John Wilkes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home